Do you have small children? One of the stages which parents go through is when the child begins the training to leave diapers, to notify each time they want to do a poo until the day arrives it happens. But, when after four years, the little one continues to do it in pants, it may be suffering from encopresis.
Why this anomaly occurs?
Encopresis refers to fecal incontinence or soiling. It occurs because the stool accumulates in the large intestine, and when it becomes full, it simply begins to leak little liquid on the clothes.
Encopresis is a sign of a chronic constipation problem, and along with some emotional issues the child may have, it is a sign of this condition. It is frustrating for both parents and children, and it isn’t very comfortable for the little ones.
How to detect if your child suffers from encopresis
- Looks like diarrhea, but is runny stools
- Severe constipation
- The poo is too large that it can clog the toilet.
- May last a long time or days that they do not poo
- You don’t feel like eating
- Stomach ache
- Cannot hold urine
- Lazy children avoid going to the bathroom
Let’s talk about possible solutions.
- Healthy nutrition
- Less sugar
- Foods with a high fiber content (we have already seen in previous articles what they are)
- Teach your child to drink water
- Many times, the child is lactose intolerant, and the parents do not know it
- Emotional stress
- For children, this process of putting off diapers can be challenging, and it can have repercussions later on.
- Strong changes in his life, school change, parents separation, a new brother, fights in the educational center, etc.
- When the child make poo at his pants, they usually punish him, and this can aggravate the problem
In these cases, what to do?
- A special diet (so go to a nutritionist)
- Natural laxatives
- Educate the child about going to the bathroom
- Do not drink milk for a while
- Take him to the psychologist
- Give it more fiber
- Replace the juice with water; the more they drink better
- If the toilet bowl is too high for the child, put a bench on him, he should be comfortable
- Talk to him, remember that this process is robust for him. Make it clear that it is not his fault, do not punish him, or yell at him.
- Talk to those who live in your home so that they can reach an agreement and establish a support plan for the little one
- Most importantly, take him to the doctor; he will tell you what to do. Do not self medicate
When the child after eating to learn
- If you feel like going to the bathroom
- You should teach him a routine for going to the bathroom
- Accompany him during this process
- BEFORE sitting down, apply petitpoo, three drops, and you should not worry about the smell
Select the Petit poo kit that best suits this process
Happy kit: A tiny spot of happiness
Revolution kit: For Master poopers
The ultimate kit: The one you need on every occasion
Endurance kit: For great poops!
A good way is to play with the names and make him participate at this moment
Remember that petitpoo is a toilet odor eliminator, blocking up to 98% of foul odors before using the bathroom. This creates a protective layer in the water, so the child only has to worry about doing his thing, and Petit poo will do the rest.
Mayo clinic. Year: 2019
Medline Plus. The year 2018