Period poop: When the menstrual period arrives, it gives us colic. The hormones get high with the mood swings. It causes us to overeat, the stomach swells, it provides us cramps, and also the famous menstrual poo.
What is menstrual poop?
Let’s first talk about the menstrual period, and this occurs when the uterus and intestines contract until they secrete a substance called prostaglandins and finally cause cramps and Diarrhea. On many occasions, women begin to have cramps like colic days before starting the cycle.
Menstruation and poo
- Squishy poo
In these cases, what should you do?
- Practice exercise
- Take vitamins
- Controlling stress
- Go to alternative medicine
- Do not eat everything that crosses your mind because this is directly related to period poop
How to stop menstrual Diarrhea:
It is normal to have loose stools during your period. Like I told you before, this is due to prostaglandin. In this case, I recommend that you reduce the cups of coffee. Coffee is a natural laxative, and do not forget to drink water because you can become dehydrated.
But, in some cases, the opposite happens. Terrible constipation occurs. Constipation is due to the behavior of hormones affecting estrogen, causing a decrease in gastrointestinal movement.
The colon becomes slow, obstructing the passage. So, I recommend increasing your fiber intake during this specific time, drinking more water, and exercising.
Hormone food cravings
Emotions like sadness, joy, loneliness, despair, bad temper, sadness memories go up and down during this period all the time. Sure, in some women, they act differently. For example, I feel fat about to explode, I don’t even see myself in the mirror, but my emotions remain the same.
So if you eat something high in sugar or fat, this is necessarily going to show up in the poo, and they will smell awful as a result.
Remember that you are not alone in the world. In these cases, always use petitpoo BEFORE doing number 2.
Meet our PETITPOO kits
- Happy kit: A tiny spot of happiness
- Revolution kit: For Master poopers
- The ultimate kit: The one you need in every occasion
- Endurance kit: For great poops!
If you usually suffer from irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, Diarrhea. Symptoms may vary during this period.
It is accurate that digestive diseases stress such as Diarrhea and constipation. And to complete it, it is reflected in your skin, hair, and mental health.
That is, depending on how your stress, so will your period poop.
Why do menstrual poops SMELL?
- Eating habits will be very much to blame at this time. But we already know it has a name of its own, and it’s “the hormone progesterone.”
- This hormone is the one that regulates your period and prepares you for your baby-making time.
- The sugar and fats will cause the foul smell of the farts, and if you don’t have a petitpoo at hand, you will be alone because no one will stand that smell.
- It’s hard, but resist it.
Why it hurts to poo on your period
- Your constipation will be worse during this time; your stools will be much more complicated.
- Your menstrual cramps will increase every time you try to poo.
- Your Diarrhea will always be accompanied by cramps.
- If you have endometriosis or ovarian disease, it will make you hurt more than usual.
- But, if your Diarrhea and constipation are uncontrollable. You may develop hemorrhoids. So not a joke about this issue. Go to the doctor and don’t put this issue aside.
- There are times when you don’t know if you have cramps or the urge to go to the bathroom (It’s very typical).
Mayo clinic. Year: 2020
Healthline Magazine. Year: 2020
By Daniel Álvarez. Lifestyle.fit. Year: 2020